Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Candy Gram!

Reading the wedding forums on sites like weddingbee.com and theknot.com, I've noticed that there have been a lot of brides who regret their bridesmaid choices. I cringed reading stories of uninvolved bridesmaids, fights about clothing, and friendships ending.

I'm so thankful to have such amazing girls in my life! I knew that I wouldn't be one of those brides who would look back at photos from the wedding in 20 years and have regret or feel sad that the girls who stood by my side were no longer around. (Whether they like it or not my girls are stuck with me for life!)

I didn't realize however, that I would regret NOT having someone there.

I've been having some regret about not asking my girl Kim to be a part of the bridal party. I absolutely love Kim. We always have a fantastic time together and I know that I can count on her when I need an ear, a shoulder...or a glass of champagne. Talking the situation over with Samantha, and after running into Kim at Deja Blues, I knew that if I didn't ask Kim to join the bridal party that I would really regret it.

*Like I said....This is how I always great Miss Kimmie!*


Instead of just calling or sending her a text, I wanted to find a fun way to ask Kim to be a bridesmaid. It means a lot to me to have her by my side and a question like this was in the need for something special. (When I asked the other girls to be in the wedding I gave them all wine bottles.)

Kim moved for work and her job keeps her on the move so I wasn't sure when I was going to see her next. Since I was planning on mailing her a little gift,I decided that I would need a cute way of asking her that perhaps included a little poem or note. I revisited the ideas I had back in January and decided that the candy gram idea was the cutest way to ask Kim to be a bridesmaid.

I thought the candy gram idea was super clever. It involved incorporating candy names into a little note about bridesmaids. So I gathered together all the candy needed and began putting together Kim's package.


The candy used included: Dots, Mounds, Snickers, Smarties, Dove Promises Chocolates, LifeSavers, and Now and Laters. I also added some Good and Plenty.


After arranging the candy to fit into the box I printed out the note to include with the package. After all, Kim needed to know why I was sending her a box of candy. I printed out the note on cardstock and attached it to some pretty scrapbook paper.


The note reads as follows :

Bridesmaids are more than Dots in your life. They are Mounds of fun and make you Snicker. They are Smarties that share advice and keep their Promises. Above all, they are your Life Savers and will stand by you Now and Later.
 Would you be my bridesmaid?!
 I guarantee the fun times will be Good and Plenty!
I love you Miss Kimmie! I really should have asked you at the beginning and I have been kicking myself for not asking you sooner! I love you so much and I would be honored if you would stand by me on the big day!
Love you girl!
-Teeny
**I hope this candy sweetens the deal!**
I found a cute little round box at Michael's Craft Store that I used to hold the candy, and tied it up with some white ribbon. The package went out through overnight shipping. I went to sleep with a little excitement knowing that Kim would be getting the package the next afternoon.


I decided to text Kim the next afternoon to make sure that she was going to be home. Kim teaches a mobile classroom and she travels from city to city to teach. Thankfully she was going to be home that day to pack up a few things before heading to the coast. Had I waited a few more days Kim's package might have melted on her porch.

A few hours later I got a phone call from a very excited Kim! She said that she would love to be a bridesmaid and I am so happy that she'll join the other ladies by my side on the big day!

All of my ladies:


I love you girls!

3 comments:

Kristy | DIY Flowers Co said...

you made me shed a couple of tears with that thoughtful note.. I loved it!!

Jasmine said...

this is so sweet! i wish i knew about this before haha, what a great idea!!

Saying I do said...

simply genius! My sister MUST do this when she gets engaged!