Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pin-spired Project

I have found a bunch of really cool pictures and projects on Pinterest, and I decided that it was time to get started on recreating a few. On Friday, Kim (one of my bridesmaids), came into town and Zac made dinner for the three of us. I thought that it would be a perfect time to test out the recipe I found on Pinterest for a Reisling Strawberry Slushie. (Click here for recipe found at With Style and Grace.)

 

Doesn't that look yummy? The recipe called for riesling but I decided to use a pinot grigio instead. Not knowing how it would turn out, I won't lie, I picked up a 2 Buck Chuck bottle of wine. (Though cheap it was still tasty.)


In addition to the wine the rest of the recipe called for strawberries, sugar, lime juice. You will also need two ice cube trays.

The first thing to do while prepping the drink is to reserve one cup of the wine and put it away in the fridge.


Next, wash and hull fresh strawberries....


...you will need 2 cups for this recipe.


You will also need 2 tablespoons of sugar (I used Splenda.)...


...and 1 tablespoon of lime juice.


Pour the remainder of wine in a blender or food processor (remember to reserve 1 cup and put away), then add the strawberries, sugar, and lime juice.


Blend mix until chunks of strawberries are gone.


Pour the mixture into 2 ice cube trays and place in the freezer until frozen solid.


After a few hours you will have some very pretty pink ice cubes. Now it's time for the remaining 1 cup of wine. Blend the ice cubes with the last of the wine. The mixture should have the texture of a smoothie.


Pour and serve! The mixture made enough to fill three wine glasses.

 

It was a yummy and refreshing treat. Thank you Pinterest!

Anyone tried out a recipe or worked on a project that was inpired by Pinterest? Have you found a project on Pinterest that you're excited to complete yourself? I'd love to hear all about it.

4 comments:

Saying I do said...

I made pesto-chicken stuffed shells with a friend from pinterest. It was great! find me on pinterest: lwoodsny

Teeny said...

Sounds yummy! I just started following you on Pinterest :)

Liesl said...

I re-pinned that first image too and love that you actually made it and it worked...looks so refreshing! I must try this now for real!

Liesl :)

eliz said...

Yumm...looks so easy! Maybe I will try it!