Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hair & Makeup

On Monday I had my hair and makeup trial with Emily Johnson. We met her at the Premier Bride Showplace Bridal Show back in August. We began emailing and soon after we planned a time to set up a hair and makeup trial.

I started looking online for pictures of what I wanted to look like on the big day. At first I thought that a side ponytail would be the way to go. After thinking it over I realized that I probably wouldn't want hair on my shoulders all night and an updo started to sound like a much better idea.

I found this picture on Pinterest and loved the way it looked:


As for makeup I was thinking of having my eyes really pop and keeping everything else pretty mellow. This picture of Carrie Underwood caught my eye:


I kept these pictures saved on Pinterest to show Emily when she arrived on Monday. Emily was super fun and easy to get along with. After looking at the picture I found on Pinterest, she set to work on getting my hair done. She was pretty amazing. I wouldn't have had any idea where to start after seeing the picture. Emily was pretty confident that she could figure out how to get a look that was pretty close. Here she is having fun while doing my hair.


Here's a little view of the side after Emily had finished.


This is what the back looked like! I am so incredibly happy with it. Emily did a great job interpreting the picture. She made sure to take a bunch of pictures. She told me that she was quite a perfectionist and usually practices looks on mannequin heads to make sure everything looks perfect on the wedding day. If the trial turned out this great I can't wait to see what it looks like on the big day!


Next, Emily moved on to the makeup. We went with a slightly smokey eye with shades of charcoal and black. Emily applied some fake lashes and finished the look with a peachy lip color.


Much like the hair, I was really happy after seeing the way my makeup had turned out. Emily did a fantastic job and I loved her work. I don't often wear dark makeup on my eyes, so it took a little getting used to. I was afraid that it might be too dark but it seemed to photograph really well.


Afterwards I took down my hair and loved seeing the big full curls that I was left with. Zac and I are planning on having a family brunch the day after the wedding. It's great to know that I can get my hair done and look done up the next day without having to spend too much time getting ready.


After taking out all of the bobby pins I got a good laugh at the pile I was left with. Emily said that she put a bunch in and that my hair would be secure. She wasn't joking around. My hair didn't budge and it took my a while to get the pins out. For giggles I decided to count the bobby pins....there were 91! It's amazing that you couldn't see any of them when you looked at the back of my head.


The hair and makeup trial got my really excited for the wedding. It's one thing to talk about plans and other things involving the wedding, but getting my hair and makeup done made the whole thing feel real. A huge thank you to Emily for doing such a great job!


5 comments:

Frances said...

gorg hair & makeup!! happy wedding planning!!:) soo fun!

Kristy | Wedding Roses Co said...

OMG you're gonna look gorgeous!!!

Liesl said...

How beautiful! I love both, but that updo is just like the picture, which I also re-pinned, LOVE it! Gorgeous make-up too!

Liesl :)

Kai said...

I know Emily! She's awesome! I love reading about your planning! It all looks wonderful!

Saying I do said...

stunning! You look amazing....hair and makeup trials are the BEST