Tuesday, October 25, 2011

And Baby Makes Three!

Zac's cousin Scott and his wife Amy got married last year at Wolf Lakes on September 26th....


.....and now they're expecting a little baby come April!


Zac found out before I did. We had plans to get breakfast with Scott and Amy one Sunday and I was called into work. Scott and Amy shared their good news with Zac. He was going to keep it a secret so that the parents to be could tell me in person. That evening and the next day, Zac was acting a little suspicious so I finally guessed what was up. After Zac confirmed the good news we got to work on creating a little gift for the new parents. We got a pack of plain white onsies, needles and thread, felt buttons, iron on transfers, etc....and got our craft on.


Zac was so cute as he penciled out the design for a onesie that read "Cute As A Button".


This funny little iron on was one of my favorites.


In the end we made four little onsies for the future Baby Bennett.


We met up with the parents to be the next night for a belated anniversary dinner. It was great to catch up since the four of us hadn't all been together since Zac's birthday party just three weeks before. We presented them with an "anniversary" gift with a note that said "We know the first year is traditionally paper but we thought that you'd like this better." Inside were our little onesie creations.


With the gift opened it was finally time to talk baby! Amy filled me in on all the details, from when she took the test to her due date (April 23rd). Her doctor visits had been going great and she looked forward to her upcoming ultrasound. She also told me all about the beginning of her morning sickness (which seemed to only come at night).  

Later that week Amy and I got together for a movie night. As a surprise to Amy I decided to make the evening a "Mommy Movie Marathon and Mocktail Night". We usually have a theme for movie night anyways and I thought this one was pretty fitting. (Juno, Baby Mama, and Knocked Up were on our list of movies.) I looked up mocktail recipes online before heading to the store and grabbing a bunch of juice. (I settled on a concoction of pink lemonade concentrate, white cranberry peach juice, and ginger ale....it was delicious!)

To go along with the theme of the night, I put together a little gift for Amy. I figured that soon enough Amy would be showered with gifts for the baby so the bag was all about Amy. Inside the bag were saltines and Tums to settle her stomach, vanilla scented bath soap, stretch mark cream, an issue of FitPregnancy, and a belly band for her growing bump.


Congratulations Scott and Amy!
We're excited for your growing family. Can't wait to meet little Baby Bennett in April.



1 comment:

Natalie | Mrs. Janney | said...

What a fun little gift to give an expecting momma!! Such a great idea. I will have to steal that one from you. :)