Saturday, October 29, 2011

Amy's Dress; Grey....Or Pink?

I found out the good news about Scott and Amy's baby during the search for bridesmaid dresses. Though Amy won't be pregnant at the wedding we thought that it would be a good idea to get her a maternity style dress so that she would be comfortable post baby. Since she won't know what size she'll be come wedding time we figured that a looser fitting dress would be a better idea. We settled on this dress found on figure8maternity.com:

Amy's dress arrived pretty quickly and last week when she came over for another movie night, she brought the dress with her. Though the dress was a nice fabric there was a little problem with it....it was pink! The grey color on the website was a little deceiving, because in person the dress was indeed a dusty rose color. Not exactly the shade of grey we were hoping for. Unfortunately, the dress wasn't going to work out, and we were going to have to find another one.

Since I had already exhausted all options during my previous internet search for grey dresses, I went straight to the David's Bridal website and looked around for an inexpensive dress option that came in 'pewter' and would be comfortable for Amy. This short charmeuse dress with ruched waist and pocket seemed to fit the bill. Amy acutally had us wear this dress in her wedding last fall. I love the dress and Sarah, who was four months pregnant at the time, said that it was very comfortable.


I think the dress is much cuter than the original maternity dress I found for Amy so I'm actually happy about the change. I do however feel bad that she has to return the dress and go through the hassle of ordering a different one. At least she'll be happy with this new dress. :)

1 comment:

Erica said...

I must admit when I saw your original dress choices I was wondering if Amy was pregnant! I just had a feeling. :)