Thursday, October 20, 2011

Great Finds

After going over the project list last week, I took a little shopping trip to see what I could find to knock some items off of the list. I found a bunch of things that I thought were great, though most of the items were for decorations and didn't help me with my project list at all!

Goodwill:

I found this frame that fits an 8X10 print and this white rustic looking easel. (Each for $3)


The plan is to spray paint the frame white and use it to display an engagement picture or cute wedding related print.


The easel has this little metal starfish on the front, but Zac and I are sure that we can pop this little detail off. If all else fails, I'll just cover the starfish with a flower or something.


Salvation Army:

At the Salvation Army, I found this amazing frame for only $1.39!


The mirror measures 10X22 and has a beautiful frame. I'm thinking that it would look great as a tray on the dessert table with a bunch of mini cupcakes and candles.


Ross For Less:

This little birdcage was calling my name. At only $10.99 I snatched it up quickly!


I love the little birds at the top. Aren't they adorable? I think the birdcage will look nice sitting on the guestbook table with a bouquet of flowers inside.


Joann's Fabrics:

I couldn't help myself with this white feather wreath. It was 50% off so for $20 I got a wreath that can not only be used at the wedding but also for decorating the house during Christmas and other events.


I did pick up a few items for craft project. This wire hair clip and these crystals will be used to create my feather hairpiece. Let's hope it goes well. :)


These little white initials will probably find themselves at the guestbook table or by the box of programs.


HomeGoods:

At $1.99 a piece these drinking glasses are going to be make great votive candle holders for the head table. I picked up three of each size. I've got my eye on a Pinterest photo that has inspired me to change them up a little. I'll be sure to share when the project is completed. 


After finding the large easel at Goodwill I picked up these smaller easels at HomeGoods for $3 a piece. Im going to keep the theme going and spray paint them white. They will used to display frames on the dessert table.


At the end of my shopping trip I was really happy with my finds. The items are all things that will look great at the wedding and we'll be able to use them in the house after the big day. I love going into Goodwill and the Salvation Army, and don't even get me started on my love of HomeGoods! You can always find some amazing things!

No comments: