Monday, October 24, 2011

Stirring Things Up

It seems that I'm only adding to my project to do list these days. The newest one was inspired by this picture that I found on Pinterest via Hostess with the Mostess:


Aren't these owl drink stir sticks adorable? I couldn't resist tracking them down and found this video tutorial at  Hostess with the Mostess by Jesi Haack at Jesi Haack Weddings.


Seemed easy enough right?! That's what I thought. So I gathered my supplies and got to work on recreating these little owl stir sticks to add to drink glasses at the wedding. (I think I might also add them to toothpicks and use them to decorate the cupcakes at the dessert bar.)


I purchased a pack of 100 bamboo skewers at Wal-Mart for $0.99.


The paper punch was by Martha Stewart and I got it on sale for $9.99 at Michael's Craft Store.


The punch made some beautiful little owls on the paper I selected. I needed two for each stir stick.


The skewers were too long, but cut in half they were the perfect length to fit in drinking glasses.


A little dab of hot glue on one owl + the skewer + the second owl.....


...and voila! Adorable little owl stir sticks!


I chose four styles of paper with different prints and colors.  


They all seemed to go together quite nicely, and had a vintage feel without being so matchy matchy.


I'm really pleased with the way that these little guys turned out. Thank you again, Pinterest for inspiring yet another wonderful project!

1 comment:

eliz said...

WOOWWWW....sooo cute...your guests are going to love them!