Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Why Didn't I Think Of This?!

I always love hearing/reading stories about how brides ask their best girls to be bridesmaids. It's such a special moment and some of the stories I have come across have been amazingly sweet. The stories are made even better when the ideas used to ask friends to be bridesmaids are super clever.

Recently I came across a SUPER clever idea by bride to be Bethany over at Rinse.Repeat. and I knew I had to share it.

Similar to my own situation, the majority of Bethany's soon to be bridesmaids lived out of town. Rather than call her girls or send them letters, Bethany created these amazing little bridesmaid boxes.

Aren't they beautiful?



She found the boxes at Joann's Fabrics, and painted them to match the color scheme of her upcoming wedding. The white bracket that made space for her message underneath the lid was done freehand by the bride to be. The message "be my maid?" was affixed to the box lid with stickers.


The inside of each box was filled with some incredible little goodies.


Bethany filled her girls in on all of the wedding happenings with adorable typed notes. These notes told the girls all about the wedding day plans, who the other bridesmaids were, what their roles in the wedding would be, and the dresses that they would be wearing on the big day.


In addition to the notes, Bethany included inspiration board style photos, paint chips, and fabric swatches to give her future bridesmaids an idea of the wedding vision she had created.



Such a smart idea! Not only are these bridesmaid boxes clever but they're also very informative to the future bridesmaids. What a neat way to ask the question "will you be my bridesmaid?" Kuddos to Bethany! If this is how she asked her girls to be bridesmaids, I can't imagine how amazing her wedding will be. I totally wish I would have thought of this!

Don't get me wrong. I love the way that I asked my girls to be bridesmaids. I had a great time making these wine bottles for Sarah, Amy, and Amanda (read all about the process here)....


...and this candygram package for Kim. (Click here to read details.)


More important than the fun I had creating these gifts, my girls really seemed to love them. Even if I could, I wouldn't go back and change the way I asked my girls to be bridesmaids.

I really think that Bethany's idea was pretty amazing (don't you?!) and I might have to figure out a way to modify it and create something just as nifty for my girls.

How did you ladies ask your girls to be bridesmaids? Did you write a note?...Create a gift basket?....Take them out to lunch?....Feel free to share your stories.

3 comments:

Saying I do said...

wow!! Those are three of the cutest ideas I've seen in awhile. I def. missed the boat on asking my bridesmaids in a cute, creative way. I Love the candy and wine ideas, and you're right..those boxes are positively stunning. So clever!

Liesl said...

This is such a darling idea...I have come across so many wonderful ones since sending out my "Will you be my bridesmaid?" cards that I made! Thank you for such a sweet comment on my recent blog vision board too!

Liesl :)

The Vintage Modern Bride said...

love the candy and wine ideas! i admit i didn't ask in a cutesy way. i just called everyone and asked lol. your way was much cuter!