Monday, April 2, 2012

Feather The Nest Bridal Shower: The Decorations

On Saturday, March 17, my mom threw me a super cute "Feather the Nest" themed bridal shower. The party was inspired by my love for all things owl and the theme was reflected in the smallest of details. I owe my mom a big thank you. The shower was so pretty and fun and I had such a wonderful time.


As I mentioned in this blog post, the week before the shower we noticed that the weather was not going to cooperate with our backyard bridal shower plans. As each day got closer to the shower it became more and more clear that there would definitely be rain.

It was unfortunate that we were going to have to move the party inside but there were a few plus sides to having an indoor shindig. Without worrying about the outside elements it was easy to start putting up decorations early. My mom arrived four days before the shower and began setting up banners and hanging tissue. The amount of things that she brought along with her to set up the shower was incredible.



The shower was being held at my house which fortunately has a great layout for parties. Last January we fit three large rectangular tables and thirty people in our living room for Sarah's jungle themed baby shower. We figured that we could easily fit the twenty or so expected guests in our second living room with smaller round tables.



All of the colors were very spring time and bright. Above the fireplace was an arch of colorful pom poms that framed the chalkboard Zac created for our wedding.


The chalkboard read "happily EVER after May 4, 2012" and on either side were our initials.


Zac helped to create a special chair for me. After the tissue pom poms were hung he climbed up on a chair and weaved white Christmas lights throughout the tissue and streamers.


It created a soft glow about the armchair which was covered with a green floral print sheet. A white bedsheet covering one of our bar stools was all it took to set up a little table next to my chair. Since I'm so short and we didn't think that guests sitting across the room would be able to see me while I opened gifts, Zac and his dad propped the armchair up on two wooden pallets. It was the perfect seat!


The table centerpieces all consisted of books, vases of flowers, candles, and a variety of ceramic birds, white owls, and other vintage looking trinkets.


The books used to add heighth to the centerpieces were all in shades of pink, white, and blue and most were romantic and lovey stories.


I loved all of the pops of color in the flowers that were chosen to fill the vases on each table. The candles added a romantic touch.



I thought that the room looked fantastic.

With the cloudy sky outside and the fire roaring in the fireplace, the lighting was soft and created the perfect atmosphere for an afternoon shower.


To welcome everyone to the party, the second of Zac's handmade chalkboards was propped up by our entryway. To along with the owl theme, a feather wreath was hung on the front door.



Stay tuned for more details about food/drinks, games, and guests!


No comments: