Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Deja Blues

As I've mentioned before, my friend Samantha is having a winery wedding. In addition to wine tasting and weddings, the venue hosts concerts during the summer. During the last Bridey night, we checked their schedule to see when the next event was taking place. It turned out that there were only two more summer concerts left and Samantha and I were determined to make it to one. So on Friday, Samantha, her maid of honor Michelle, and I headed to Sam and Matt's wedding venue, Appellation California, for a fun night of champagne and blues.


We arrived at about 6pm, found a table in the back, and ordered some champagne. After getting settled, and just as Deja Blues began their set, I saw a familiar face....my beautiful friend Kim! *No I'm not drunk, that's how I always great this awesome lady!*


Kim and I used to work together, but then she got a grown up job and moved away. We keep in touch through Facebook and texts and get together when we can. I absolutely love her and I was so excited to see her big smile!


As the sun went down we really got a chance to see how beautiful the venue is at night. Samantha is still undecided about where the ceremony will take place but one option is underneath the large oak tree covered in lights. Other options include on the stage where the band played or in front of the vineyards on the other side of the yard. Though all spots would be great, my vote is for the tree.


We met some fun characters throughout the night, including a firey red head whose name I believe was Lorlina.....or something along those lines. :P She was a seriously fun older lady that we befriended after seeing her glittery top shining on the dance floor.


She invited us over to her group to introduce us to her friends and even stopped by our table for a little photo shoot.


Early on in the evening, I saw this cute little older man with a fun hat dancing with his wife. They were the only two on the dance floor for a while and I thought that it was the cutest thing. I told the ladies that before the night was over, this man and I were going to dance. A little while later when the band took a breather, I headed to the restroom, and on my journey I passed by the man (whose name we learned is Joseph) and his wife. I told the two that I loved watching them dance and asked Joseph's wife if she didn't mind me cutting in for a song or two. She laughed and said that I could come dance with him anytime, that she would enjoy the break!

On my way back to my table I waved hi to the couple and Joseph called after me, "Don't forget!" Soon after, the band started up again and we saw Joseph stand and begin to walk through the crowd. Samantha yelled, "Oh my god, he's looking for you!" I stood up to meet him and Joseph grabbed my hand and led me to the dance floor. That Joseph sure could dance. He took me for a spin....


....well a couple of spins! :P I had such a fun time out there dancing!


I have to send a huge thank you to Samantha for capturing those pictures because they're priceless! Here she is enjoying a little bubbly with her bestie Michelle.


Needless to say, the girls and I had a fantastic time. I can't wait for Samantha's wedding!




No comments: