Saturday, September 24, 2011

100th Post....Thank You Readers!

The end of this month marks the 6 month anniversary since the beginning of this blog! Time has gone by pretty quickly, but I've had a lot of fun blogging all about my wedding planning with Zac and our other life happenings. This is the 100th blog post I've published. That's a whole lot of talking and sharing and I owe a big 'Thank You' to all of you readers out there for checking it out!

This blog started out as a way to reach out to family and friends (both close by and out of town) and keep them up to date on wedding related topics. Though it's still mostly wedding oriented, I've also talked about other things that I thought our family and friends would enjoy reading about like home projects, our pup Jim, and special occasions.

I am completely amazed and utterly excited that in just 6 months my little blog here has reached over 6,500 views! I knew that family and friends would be checking out my page but I had no idea that others would enjoy reading my posts as well. According to Blogger people are logging in and viewing Sparkles and Cheaterpants from over 20 different countries! Are you serious?! I was so surprised to see that people all over the world are reading my posts! (Puts a little pressure on me to make my posts interesting.) Second to the US, the highest views are from Malaysia, followed by Canada, the United Kingdom, and Australia. There are also readers in India, France, Germany, and the Philippines to name a few! (I'll admit that I had to google map the location of the newest readers in Azerbaijan. :P)

I was happy to see that a few of my friends (Annamarie who lives in Australia, and Tiana over at 'Clean up Isle 12....Brain Spillage' *you should go check her out!*) had become followers of my little blog, and extremely flattered when others began to follow the page as well. I now have 12 follows, which might not seem like much to some people, but for someone who wasn't anticipating having any blog followers, I find it pretty exciting. Thank you to all of you readers who decided to follow the blog!

One great thing about this blog (besides having a place to share wedding ideas and life happenings) is that I've been introduced to a wonderful community of other bloggers including a group of other brides to be (like Tiffany of The Bride-onicles of a Soon to be Bride, Stephanie of The Vintage Modern Bride, and Heidi at The Varner Wedding 9-24-11 *she's getting married today! Congratulations Heidi and Jeff!*,) and newlyweds (like Jasmine of Jasmine and Sean, Mrs. Janney of Adventures of Mrs. Janney, and Liz at explore.dream.discover.). It's so great to be a part of a comnmunity of such awesome ladies and read all about their adventures as brides and newlyweds.

I really appreciate all the people who check out Sparkles and Cheaterpants and find some interest in my rants and sharing! I hope you've been entertained and I promise to keep the blog posts coming. If you enjoy reading the blog feel free to become a follower and be sure to share the blog with others!

No comments: