Sunday, September 25, 2011

Save The Dates

According to my list of to-do's on theknot.com and projectwedding.com, our save the dates should be sent out by the end of September. Now that we have our engagement photos all picked out I started working on these important little pieces of stationary to send out to our guests.

When it came to save the dates, I didn't have any particular design in mind, I only knew that I wanted to incorporate our engagement photos. While I thought that using websites like weddingpaperdivas.com would be an easy and quick way to get our save the dates done, I decided that designing them myself would be a more fun and economical way to complete this task.

I was inspired by these calendar save the dates that I found on theknottybride.com :


I loved the way they looked and figured that it wouldn't be a difficult project. So I got opened up Microsoft Word (which I also used to design Zac's surprise birthday invitations) and created a save the date that I was pretty proud of:


Not too bad right? I printed out 99 of these babies, three to a page.


The next step (and the step that took the most time) was cutting each one to size.


When I was done I had a nice big stack of save the dates.


The save the dates were the perfect length to send in a standard white envelope. To jazz up the envelopes a little I decided to hand stamp each one with a feather stamp that I picked up from Michael's Craft Store for only $3.50. The feather went along with the vintage owl theme and I used a grey ink to tie in with our wedding colors.


I hand stamped 100 white envelopes and each one looked like this:


Now the save the dates are all in their envelopes waiting to be addressed. Before they go out, Zac and I have to go over and finalize our guest list (just to be sure that we aren't forgetting anyone) and make sure that we have an address for all the guests. I need to go get (or perhaps just make) an address book to keep all of the guest information in one place. The save the dates should be sent out before October 1st! I can't believe that its already time for these pieces of stationary to be sent out! Time flies, and before we know it the wedding will be here. I'm excited and nervous for that moment all at the same time. :)

8 comments:

Jasmine said...

those are amazing!!

Teeny said...

Thanks girlie! :) I'm excited about them.

Tiff For Tat said...

Those look awesome. I totally love that you DIY!!!

eliz said...

WOWWW sooo pretty!! DIY can be a pain...but makes it a bit more exciting!

Unknown said...

Hey there! I just found your blog and I am already such a fan after seeing this post! This was a very creative thing to do and they came out amazing! How wonderful to say you made them! I hope you have the wedding of your dreams. Enjoy each day! I hope you stop by my wedding/romance blog sometime! I'd love to have you!

Teeny said...

Thanks so much for stopping by! I checked out Romance In A Glance and I can already see myself spending way too much time on the computer checking out what you have to offer. :)

Saying I do said...

they look amazing!!

Liesl said...

I just spent today put our engagement pictures into a couple save-the-date options to narrow down our options...love it! Congrats on your engagement and all your wedding planning...so fun! I just stumbled upon your lovely blog tonight, but I'm so glad I did! Love that you did them yourself and the stamp idea on the envelope too...a perfect touch!

Liesl :)