Monday, March 26, 2012

Successful Dress Fitting

In addition to having both of my bridal showers in the last 10 days (which I can't wait to share with all of you!), but I also had my second dress fitting. I was very nervous for my first dress fitting a few weeks ago. I'm not really sure what it was but as we drove into the parking lot I started to feel a little nauseous and sweaty. Later that evening, when I was telling my bridesmaid, Amanda, about the situation we laughed tremendously remembering the episode "Change of a dress" from Sex and the City. (For those of you who aren't crazy SATC fanatics, it's an episode in which Carrie tries on a wedding dress and has an allergic reaction and panic attack.)

In case you want to check it out, here's the only video I could find. It's kind of a long video so if you want to only see the dress experiment gone awry scene, skip to 2 minutes and 8 seconds in. :)


Now don't get me wrong, I may have felt a little light headed a nervous, but in no way was my body rejecting the idea of marriage. I'm pretty sure the reason for my nerves was my concern that my dress wasn't going to fit. Back in May when I ordered my dress I requested a size smaller than I really was. I wasn't happy with my weight and I made sure to give myself the motivation to make a change.

My first dress fitting was nine months later and I only really started working on changing my bodies for two months. When it came time to try on the dress there was some good news and some bad news.

The bad news was that the dress didn't zip up all the way. Instantly I was crushed. The good news was that the dress would also need to be taken in. It turned out that the dress wasn't able to zip because it was too tight on the very top thanks to my rib cage. But thanks to some change in my habits the dress needed to be taken in throughout the hip area.

After my measurements were taken and the pins were in place the seamstress started working on the hem of my dress and adding the bustle.

My second dress fitting was just a few days ago. This time the nerves were gone and I was back to feeling excited to try my dress on again. This time when I stepped into the dress it zipped up quickly and easily and I breathed a sigh of relief. It was a perfect fit! I stepped onto the platform in front of the mirror and I almost cried. I loved it!

With only 6 weeks until the big day I'm running out of time for the dress to be altered again. Rather than lose more weight, my goal is to tone up my upper body, get a little tan, and look picture ready for the big day.

Any fun dress alteration stories? Any tailoring nightmares stories? I'll like to hear the good, the bad, and the fun!

No comments: