Friday, March 2, 2012

RSVPs Are Rolling In


A few weeks ago Zac and I sent out our wedding invitations. Since then we have been excited to check the mail everyday and find RSVP envelopes waiting for us. It's so nice to discover one or two of these little grey envelopes hiding in the sea of junk mail and bills.

I've read a few stories from other blogs and wedding websites about brides and grooms getting back RSVP cards without names. It can bring some confusion wondering who will or won't be attending the big event. To make sure we didn't have to worry about this confusion, I decided to create a way of tracking who our RSVP cards went to. Before placing all of the RSVP cards in the invitation envelopes, I wrote a small number on the back of each card. Here's an example:


The number on the card was matched up to a a guest. I kept a list with guests and their coordinating numbers.


This numbering method has already come in handy. We've received a few RSVPs without names and without the numbers on the back of each card I would have been clueless in regards to who had sent back a response. Instead, it was super easy to flip over the card, check the number, and refer back to my list.

Has anyone else used a similar tracking system? How long did it take to get back te majority of your RSVP cards? I'd love to hear how this went for other brides. 

1 comment:

Tiff For Tat said...

Great idea, I thought about doing something like this but didn't and I lucked out and did not get one RSVP back blank. RSVPs were heavy coming back in the beginning, then they came in waves. We also had to track a few people down and I just think its rude for people not to rsvp on time or make you have to hunt them down. We LOVED receiving the RSVPS in the mail!