Sunday, May 1, 2011

Bells Will Ring

After Zac and I officially set the date, my mom was anxious to start working on a project for our wedding. Two years ago, she put herself in charge of making my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary and vow renewal a beautiful and fun event. She went dress shopping with my grandmother, organized the decorations, and along with the help of the family, put together a spectacular event for my grandparents. For the anniversary celebration my mother put together some beautiful bells for the guests to ring when they wanted the bride and groom to kiss.

Each bell is connected to a small wooden handle and decorated with ribbon that matches the wedding colors. Two kinds of ribbon are used for the project; the top ribbon displaying the names of the bride and groom on one side and the wedding date on the other side. To finish it off, she puts a small flower in the center of the bows and adds a few mini white pearl beads.

My mom has been very excited to put together these bells so that Zac and I can give them to our guests at the wedding. After picking up the ribbon she ordered that has our names and the wedding date on it, she started making the bells this week. But enough talking about it, I'll just show you what she's done.

All of mom's supplies: ribbon, wooden dowels, yellow flowers, and of course the bells.


Attaching the wooden handles to the bells.....oh so many bells.


The finishing touches.....


The final product! I think she did a great job.


On each bell, she is attaching a little piece of paper that says:

Let wedding bells sound a chorus
They ask the bride and groom before us
to share a kiss of harmony
and bring true joy to all who see.

I guess we all know who I get my crafty nature from, right?

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I thought the wedding was May 5th

Teeny said...

Originally that was the plan. After we decided that we wanted to have it at Wolf Lakes, we found out that they are hosting a prom on May 5th so we moved the date the Friday the 4th so that we could keep the location. :)