Friday, May 13, 2011

A Special Moment With My Mom


Today I put on a wedding dress for the first time. Although my appointment for dress shopping with the moms and my girls isn't for another week, I shared the special moment of trying on the very first dress with my mom. Being the only daughter, it meant something special for my mom to have a moment alone with me while trying on dresses. Originally I had only thought to make an appointment with all of the girls but later I realized that I was depriving my mother (and myself) of this once in a lifetime moment. She told me that she was excited to go look at dresses with everyone but that having a day with just me and her meant so much.

So today we had a mother daughter day that began with dress shopping at Luftenburg's downtown and ended with a bit of a shopping spree at Fashion Fair Mall. I'm really glad that I had this day with my mother. I get so busy with school and work; we were overdue for a fun day. We had a great time looking at dresses. I found a few that I really liked, but none that really "wow-ed" me. (I still have my eye on a few that I want to try on with the girls next week.) It was not only nice to have this experience with my mom, but also to dip my toe in the dress shopping pond and get a feel for what I like and don't like. I hope next Friday to find THE dress.

After trying on dresses, my mom and I enjoyed a heart to heart over some lunch before heading to the mall to look for outfits for next weekend. I found a cute top and a necklace to wear to the engagement dinner next Friday, and could't pass up buying two pairs of shoes! My mom was nice enough to buy me a third pair of heels when we were in Forever 21. She told me that they were too cute to pass up. Needless to say, I will have some happy feet this summer.....well at least some cute feet (they might get angry at me for the heels :P)

The newest additions to my shoe closet.


These are the super cute shoes from Forever 21 that my mom refused to let me pass up. Thanks mom!



A pair of tan heels that will go so well with a few of my summer dresses.


I love, love, love, the ruffles on the front of these shoes!


Aren't they so sassy?!


My mother spoiled me a bit today. After getting me the really cute pair of heels from Forever 21, we stopped into Victoria's Secret. I thought that we were there to pick up a free panty (I had a coupon) but instead my mom was on a mission all her own. A while back I had fallen in love with a bridal robe I spotted while shopping in Victoria's Secret. It was a white silk robe that had the word "Bride" on the back in rhinestones. I thought that it would be cute to wear while getting my hair and makeup done and add a sweet touch to the "getting ready" pictures. So on our mother/daughter day outting my mom surprised me by buying me the robe. It was the very last one on the rack so as my mother said "It was meant to be."

I just love it!



The very first thing to hang on my "Mrs. Chapman" hanger.


I am so thankful to my mom, not just for the robe and the shoes, but for the day. I rarely have a day off of work and school and I couldn't think of a better way to spend it than having a special day with my mom. Thanks mom! I love you!

No comments: