Monday, May 6, 2013

38 Weeks



How far along? 38 Weeks
Total weight gain: Still 30lbs (5lbs more than I was hoping to gain)
Maternity clothes? Only a pair of maternity jeans. Lately I've been living in a pair of pre pregnancy yoga pants. Still just stretching out all of my pre prego shirts and wearing a few of my dresses as tops. My belly feels like it's gotten bigger in the last few days and I am definitley running out of shirts.  
Stretch marks? none yet! *Fingers crossed that I'll miss out on this all together!*
Sleep: I've been exhausted the last few days so my sleep has gotten better but only mildly. Last night I woke up every two hours on the dot. So strange.  
Best moment this week: Celebrating our one year anniversary with my love. We've had an amazing first year of marriage and a perfect anniversary.(Post to come about how we celebrated.)    
Miss Anything? Still missing a lot of things but the thing I think I miss the most is having my body feel like my own. It hasn't been mine for nine months and the last few weeks I definitely feel like a stranger in my own skin. Oh...and I miss being able to wrap myself in a towel after a shower and not have my belly pop out.  
Movement: Little man is moving all the time. I'm sometimes convinced that there is more than one baby in there. I swear he's trying to punch his way out.
Food cravings: Watermelon! ....and junk! Sugary cereal, Sour Patch Kids, cake...you name it. I've given in to the cravings a few times (we're nearing the end....cut me some slack) and now our regular cashier at the grocery store knows which items are mine. :P He keeps my cravings separate and hands us the "Mrs. Chapman" bag which I find to be very cute and sweet.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing really.
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: As of Wednesday I was dilated 3cm. Doctor says my progression is great and if my body keeps it up I should have a fairly short labor. (I really hope he's not just saying this to make me feel better about labor and delivery....though if he is, it's totally working.) I've been experiencing some false labor pains but thankfully changing positions helps to relieve them. My little guy is definitely getting lower. I'm feeling much more pressure and heaviness in my pelvis. The last two days I've had menstrual like cramps on and off throughout the day. Not painful but uncomfortable for sure.
Symptoms: Still have swollen hands and feet. The charlie horse style cramps during sleep have stopped. Definitely having to pee....all the time!
Belly Button in or out? In but flattening out.
Wedding rings on or off? The rings have been gone since week 29. Still dealing with carpel tunnel.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!...when I'm not tired and sleeping.
Looking forward to: Meeting our little man! ....and wearing my wedding rings again!  

We have a doctor appointment tomorrow morning at 8:00. We'll see what our doctor has to say about my progression. The way I'm feeling I think that Zane could arrive at anytime but I've never had a baby so what do I know! Wish us luck. We'd like to meet our little guy soon.

No comments: