Saturday, June 18, 2011

Monogrammed

Don't you just love these monogrammed coffee mugs from Anthropologie?


I do! That's why, last year on our 5 year anniversary, Zac and I popped into Anthropologie and picked up two mugs; a 'T' (for Teeny) and a 'Z' (for Zac). We had taken a trip to San Francisco to celebrate 5 years together and thought that it would be nice to bring back a little something that would remind us of our trip. These mugs were perfect! I picked up some fabric flowers from Michael's Craft Supply and then Zac and I found a home for the mugs on the bookshelf in our office.




Zac and I have put a few other little 'T's and 'Z's hidden in the house. When Zac made pillows for the entryway (yes he's a straight man with a sewing machine) he added A 'T' and 'Z' to one of them.



Our bedroom features a frame wall with a bunch of different prints. In one of the frames we've added a 'T' and 'Z'  print.


It's always a treat to walk by the entryway bench or take a peek at the frame wall in our bedroom and see the 'T' and 'Z'. It's a wonderful reminder of how much I love my Zac. The  monogrammed mugs are sweet addition to our office decor. After looking through various wedding blogs and inspiration websites, I found a few pictures of these monogrammed mugs on one of my favorite wedding blogs, Style Me Pretty. It looks like several people have chosen to use these mugs as decor for their wedding receptions. Several of the photos I saw had mugs that spelled out 'LOVE'.  




I thought that it was such a cute idea. The mugs would look so nice on the entry table, or gift table, or even on the head table. It definitely gave me a few ideas for some decorations to use in our wedding. After we got engaged, Zac and I headed to our local Anthropologie and picked up a third monogrammed mug, a 'C' for Chapman.


I don't think that we'll go back and get mugs to spell out 'LOVE' but we'll definitely use the monogrammed mugs that we already have somewhere in our wedding decor. I'm thinking of replacing the pink flowers that we have with some yellow flowers and putting the mugs on our guestbook table. Though the wedding invitation and all the formal stationary regarding the wedding will say 'Cristina', I am most commonly known as Teeny. So, any initials that appear in the wedding decor will reflect that.

Looking at other wedding decoration ideas of various websites, I found these items that might serve as some great inspiration once we get down those smaller details:

1. Centerpieces


TheKnot.com had this cute idea to use initials on the centerpieces or other floral decorations.

2. Favors


Weddingbycolor.com had ideas for using initials on wedding favors.


3. Water Bottle Labels


I also found these water bottle labels that were pretty cute.

Over the next few months we'll keep looking up different ideas and perhaps may include other monogrammed items in our wedding decor. For now I'm excited to have our Anthropologie mugs on display.

No comments: