Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Making A List and Checking It Twice Part 2


After experiencing my first wedding nightmare, I've decided that it's time to revist my list of to-do's and get a handle on things that need to get done.

The last time I peeked at my list it looked like this:

9 - 11 months

- Research and choose a ceremony site.
- Research and choose a reception site.
- Start interviewing caterers.
- Look for a ceremony officiant.
- Begin to narrow down and finalize your guest list.
- Start shopping for your wedding dress.
- Settle on wedding colors (if you haven't already).
- Set up appointments with florists.
- Look for reception bands.
- Research photographers.
- Research videographers.
- Start your registry.
- Start thinking about your honeymoon. (Planning in advance can help you get better prices on airfare and hotels.)
- Choose your bridal party.

I've managed to cross one item off of this list:
- Start shopping for your wedding dress.
Thankfully that task has been taken care of and I am the happy owner of a beautiful dress that I can't wait to wear!

Another item that we can check off of this list is:
- Look for a ceremony officiant.
Zac and I decided early on who we wanted to be our officiant. I guess since we haven't yet figured out the best way to ask this person to marry us, we can keep this item on our list for a little while longer.


Instead of just continuing on with this list I've decided to add onto it and get as much accomplished as I can in the next few months. I looked at other lists in my Bridal Bargains Wedding Planner as well as the list I created after my disturbing wedding nightmare. So with that in mind our new list looks like this:


9 - 11 Months

- Look for a ceremony officiant
- Begin to narrow down and finalize your guest list
- Set up appointments with florists
- Set up appointments with djs
- Hire dj
- Place order for wedding cake
- Plan out and purchase items for at least two of the reception games
- Design and create the invitations
- Begin purchasing coffee mugs, plates, bowls, and jars for the dessert and candy tables
- Purchase supplies for and begin putting together the guestbook
- Choose our top three photos from our engagement photoshoot to use for the save the dates
- Begin purchasing flip flops in a variety of sizes for the reception
- Look at JoAnn's Fabrics for different fabrics for a variety of wedding related projects

I'm looking forward to getting started on all of the crafty parts of the wedding plans, especially working on the invitations and save the dates. Being a scrapbooker, the idea of working on paper projects excites me to no end. (Yes I know, I'm a weirdo....but that's me.) Gathering things together for the guestbook is another project that I am excited to get underway. I think what Zac and I have decided to do for the guestbook will be fun for our guests and a keepsake we'll really enjoy looking at years after we say 'I do'. (I'll be sure to share the details about the guestbook project once it's well underway.)

I think this will be plenty to keep me busy over the summer. If I can get as many of the little projects done as possible this summer I will have more time later to focus on the bigger decoration details. Look forward to some update posts as things get checked off the list. :)

No comments: