Sunday, June 12, 2011

20/20 Challenge Update: Week 3

Today makes the end of the third week of the 20/20 Challenge so I thought that it was time for a little update. (To refresh your memory and get details about the 20/20 Challenge check out this post.)

Part 1: As for the first 20 of the challenge, unfortunately I have nothing much to report. My summer workout plan has not officially been put into action and instead I have been enjoying my new found freedom from school a little too much. Although I haven't yet made any real progress to speak of yet in this area of the challenge, I'm not letting my slow start get me down. I know that I'll be able to start making progress very soon while still being able to enjoy my summer. I have a few things to look forward to by the end of the summer including my love's 30th birthday and a girl's weekend getaway that Amy and I have planned towards the middle of August. These are not only some fun events to look forward to but they are also serving as some motivation to get myself in gear.

In addition to the fun end of summer plans, I recently bought this dress from Forever 21 (for only $10.80) to serve as motivation as well.


I bought the dress in a smaller size than I currently wear. The plan is to hang this dress in my closet somewhere that it can be easily seen so that it can serve as a reminder of my final end of summer goal.

Part 2: Surprisingly, I have had more success with the second 20 in the challenge. I only say surprisingly because with as busy as I have made myself over the past few weeks, I wasn't expecting to be able to do much reading. Since the beginning of the challenge (May 23rd) I have finished 4 books. While planning out my goal of reading 20 books this summer, I calculated that I would need to read 1 book every 5 days. Having finished 4 books at the end of 3 weeks puts me right on track to reaching my reading goal by the end of the challenge.

So here are the books that I've read so far:

#1. The Murderer's Daughter


#2. Something Borrowed


#3. Something Blue


#4. Baby Proof


I'll be starting my #5 book today. And # 5 iiiiiiisss.... drumroll....

Official Book Club Selection by Kathy Griffin


I love Kathy Griffin. Her cracks about celebrities, reality tv stars, and pop culture make me laugh so hard I hurt. If you've never watched her stand up you're seriously missing out. Just check out this clip from her special "Everybody Can Suck It!":

*Disclaimer: If by any chance you're at work or hanging out with some little ones nearby I would recommend putting in your headphones now or waiting for a better time. It's not raunchy or anything but there are some jokes that are not work or child friendly.*

 

Amy and I have tickets to see Kathy perform when she comes to town on July 15th and I am so excited!!!! Until then I can't wait to read what crazy things she has to say in print.

No comments: