Monday, April 11, 2011

Say Cheese

In choosing a photographer, Zac and I had little to think about. We knew immediately who we wanted to take our engagement photos and capture the special moments of our big day.
When Sarah and Donnie got married back in October of 2009 they hired Van't Studio of Photography to take their wedding photos. Tess' work was unbelievable. She captured some wonderful moments and created some amazing images. Here are some of the photos she took at Sarah and Donnie's wedding:

Sarah's wonderful MOH Amanda getting her all prepped and ready to walk down the aisle.

A true moment between father and daughter. I LOVE IT!

Me and my beautiful sis, the bride to be!


The boys had a Reservoir Dogs moment,


What a beautiful moment between mom and daughter :)

She's SO happy!


Finally husband and wife! :)


Look at that lighting.


This one is so beautiful.

Such a gorgeous bride!

When Scott and Amy got married this past September, they also hired Van's Photography to take their photos. Van and Tess took some amazing photographs of the event. They really do such an incredible job. Here are a few photos from Scott and Amy's wedding:


After being announced husband and wife.


Amy and her mama (aka my champagne buddy), Carol.


After saying "I do".


I just love this little moment.


They capture some amazing photos.


They were married in the English Garden site at Wolf Lakes Park.


This is one of my favorite shots from their wedding.


Van's Studio ended up using this photo for their advertisements.

Having worked with Tess for two other weddings and being so impressed with the work that she does, there was no doubt that we wanted to hire her to take our wedding photos. We are confident that we are going to love our photos and that she will be there to capture all the moments we won't want to forget.

Our engagement photos are going to be taken on May 3. That means we have just three short weeks until our photoshoot with Tess. I am both excited and nervous. Of course I am so stoked to take some photos with my love (we are in desperate need of some recent photos for our home). I am nervous however for vain reasons. Having a crazy busy fall semester and a lazy winter break, my workout schedule suffered tremendously and as a result I am no longer my cute summer self. In addition there is the need to find something to wear. I am sure that I will find something but my tendency to be picky and a bit of a control freak will leave me worried until I find the perfect outfit.

As I mentioned before our engagement session is going to take place at Zac's grandparents' place in Chowchilla. His Grandma Marlene has told us that their garden really blows up and is incredibly beautiful in May so we are excited to see how it will look in just a few weeks. In addition to the garden we will possibly be taking photos in the orchard. I look forward to seeing how our photos turn out. :)

No comments: