Saturday, April 16, 2011

"While wonderin' what dress to wear now...."

I couldn't help but indulge in this moment. Who doesn't love a little My Best Friend's Wedding to make their day better?! :P (I'm sure Zac just immediately raised his hand somewhere!) No this post is not going to talk about how much it would be great to have a sudden singing outburst in a restaurant. (After the flash mob post I can only imagine what thoughts might be going through people's mind.) Nope, sorry to disappoint, but I am not crazy...well at least not that crazy.



One thing that has been going through my mind lately is the dress. Senior-itis has officially set in and during moments when I should perhaps be concentrating on class work or school projects I find myself thinking about wedding details. Lately, the dress has been sticking out more than the other details.

I kind of know the look that I would like to have on the big day but I am definitely keeping an open mind. I know that liking a picture of a dress in no way guarantees that I will love the way the dress looks on me. I've also heard that often you go in with a particular look in mind and end up buying a dress with a completely different look and feel.

I plan to go dress shopping with my girls when they are all in town at the end of May. I am so happy that they will all be in town for graduation! The day before I receive my diploma we're all getting together along with my mother and Zac's mom to find me a wedding dress. I am so excited. From now until then I'll be looking at dresses to get an idea of what I would like.

This dress by Alfred Angelo has been my favorite so far. After a little research I've discovered that they have the dress at Luftenburg's downtown. Our dress shopping adventure is scheduled to take place at David's Bridal but I think I might have to take a trip to Luftenburg's to try on this dress.


I love the details on the flared skirt. I wouldn't want anything that is too full too high on the body because I am a short girl. The top of this dress will make my torso look longer and not make me look like a big, old school cake topper.


The Alfred Angelo dress is probably at the very top of my dress budget. As there are a bunch of other things to take care of for the wedding I'm definitely keeping my options open and seeing if I can find other dresss that are equally beautiful but for less money.

Since the girls and I will be heading to David's Bridal to check out dresses, I started looking up dresses on the David's Bridal website.

1. This dress has a very similar bottom detail as the Alfred Angelo dress. I just love the simplicity of the top mixed with the fun detail of the bottom. The only concern that I have with this dress is that the flare out starts up at the waist. The skirt might be too full for my frame.


2. I really like the top of this dress as well as the detail that the belt adds. I'm not a huge fan of the small pick ups on the bottom of the skirt. I think that I would prefer that if the skirt is plain that it be not be too fussy.


3. This one is a little more flowy than the other dresses. I don't know how much I will love the flowy skirt but I think that it would be worth trying on.

4. This dress is very elegant. I would definitely need to make sure that I am in crazy good shape for this dress. It fits so close to the body that there is no way of hiding any areas that I might be concerned with. It is very pretty though.

5. Vera Wang now has a line of dresses available at David's Bridal. This was not really the feel I originally thought that I would like but I love the way it looks. The one shoulder is an unexpected glamorous look. The belt is an extra special little touch.


6. I really like this dress. It's simple and elegant but has a little bit of glam with the beading detail on the top. It's closer to the body which shouldn't make me look too wide the way a big flare would. I'm not a super huge fan of the bow on the side of the dress but I might love it once it's on.


We'll see what happens when the dress shopping day finally rolls around. Maybe I'll try on these dresses and totally hate all of them, maybe I'll love one that I didn't expect to....however it happens I am just so excited to be trying on dresses. I'm sure I'll find the perfect dress to marry Zac in.

No comments: