Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blue and Yellow

Our engagement photo session with Van's Photography is only two weeks away. To prepare for the photos I've started hitting the gym hard again, begun tanning at Sunsational Tans, and am whitening my teeth.

I even got a hair cut:


Typing it out, it sounds like this will be a very vain couple of weeks but....well....whatever. (I weigh a little more than I did at this time last year so the work outs are necessary.... )

I was scheduled to work on the patio this afternoon but the overcast weather changed that and the managers called me off work. I took advantage of the day off of work by going to Forever 21 to look for a new outfit to wear in our engagement photos. At first I thought that I would just wear jeans and get a cute top but after talking it over, Zac made me realize that a cute dress was probably the better way to go. He plans to wear a light blue button up shirt and jeans and I think that a cute summer dress would go perfectly.

So today I went to our newly renovated Forever 21. After searching the three stories for over 2 hours and trying on (literally) 32 different dresses, I finally walked out of the store with two options. A yellow dress and a blue dress. I thought for sure that the navy blue dress would go nicely with Zac's light blue shirt. Still, I couldn't put down the yellow dress. I thought that it would be a good contrast against Zac's blue shirt. In addition, since our wedding colors are yellow and gray, I thought that it would be nice to have a little yellow in our engagement photos. We will be able to choose a few of our engagement photos to use as options for our save the dates, so adding in a little yellow might be nice to go along with the color scheme of our save the date stationary. In either case, I loved both of the dresses and whether or not I used the dresses for the photo shoot, I loved them enough to take them home and call them my own.

I tried both dresses on this evening to show Zac (as well as to see what they would look like next to his light blue shirt and dark blue jeans). We stood next to each other as I changed from the navy blue to the yellow and compared notes. In the end I think that we both agreed on which dress would look better in our photo session in two weeks. (I'll post the photos after we choose them.)

What do you think? Here are the two dress options. (Photos taken by my wonderful Zac :D)

Blue Dress


Yellow Dress


(*Don't mind the cocktail shaker and mango juice in the background of the yellow dress photo....it was mango martini time in the Banuelos/Chapman residence :D)

2 comments:

Kai said...

both are adorable! but im s sucker for yellow!

TjandMark/AKA PearlandHawkeye said...

They are both great, but I love the texture of the yellow one. So cute.