Saturday, February 11, 2012

1 Year Anniversary

January 14th was the one year anniversary of the day that Zac proposed. I can't believe that a year has gone by so quickly. Zac and I definitely wanted to celebrate the occasion, so we headed out for a champagne breakfast that morning before I had to go to work.


While I was at work, Zac and I texted one another and discussed what we thought we should do to celebrate. We decided that it would only be fitting to get P.F. Changs takeout and have a candle lit dinner like we had done that same day just one year earlier.

After I got off work, I came home and had a chance to relax. Zac told me to hang out in our room because he was preparing a surprise downstairs and he didn't want me to see it just yet. After a while we headed out to pick up dinner and dessert.


When we got home, Zac had me wait in the car for a few minutes so he could finish setting up the surprise. When I was finally allowed to come into the house, I was greeted by candles and a beautifully set dining room table.


As beautiful as the table was, I had no idea that it wasn't the real surprise. In reality it turned out to be a decoy dinner table. Zac started to get the food plated and as we were about to sit down to dinner we headed into the garage instead. There in the same place that Zac got down on one knee was a table set for two. The floor of the garage was covered in white balloons and there were candles everywhere.


Zac had soft music playing in the background and the room was decorated with our wedding colors. It was the sweetest thing!


It was the most perfect way to spend our proposal anniversary together.

4 comments:

Jasmine said...

oh my goodness! this is the cutest thing!

congrats on your anniversary!

Teeny said...

Thanks Jasmine! Isn't he thoughtful? :)

Liesl said...

Oh my goodness, how thoughtful, beautiful and romantic!!! Congratulations and Happy, Happy Anniversary...what a way to spend the 1 year proposal!<3

Liesl :)

eliz said...

awww super cute that you guys celebrated that anniversary!! <3 Many more to come!! :-)