Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Post Valentine's Day Wrap Up

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day yesterday!

Zac and I decided to spend a casual afternoon together. Since we have less than 80 days left until the wedding (so exciting!!!) and with so much left to do it would be really silly to spend a bunch of money on expensive gifts, a fancy dinner, etc. Zac and I both work in restaurants so we normally work on this holiday. I was lucky enough to get the day off this year but Zac had a closing shift in the evening. Working in restaurants we know that its better to stay away from the craziness and we typically eat at home on Valentine's day, but yesterday we decided to get some lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant before getting some fun wedding related things done. At lunch Zac gave me this adorable card:


The next stop on our Valentine's Day afternoon plan was to Rogers Jewelry to pick out Zac's wedding band. While Zac tried on rings his smile got bigger and bigger. In the whole 6.5 years we've been together I've never seen Zac wear a ring. There were a couple that looked good on him but in the end we chose this one:


Zac loves it and is excited to wear it. As soon as we got in the car to leave Rogers, he opened the box and put the ring on. I asked him what he was doing and he told me that it wasn't fair that I've been able to wear my engagement ring for over a year now and he hasn't been able to show off a ring of his own. We decided that Valentine's day was his day to wear his ring. He took it off before he went to work but as soon as he got home at 10:30 pm he put it right back on because he still had 1.5 hours until the day was over. I thought it was the cutest thing ever. 

From Rogers Jewelry we headed to the post office. Our invitations are completely done (I'll be sharing the details later) and all they need are stamps to be sent out. We needed stamps for the RSVP card envelopes and we took a sample invitation with us to be weighed so that we knew what the postage would be to send the invitations out as well. The lady at the post office was very nice. After getting us a coil of stamps for the RSVP envelopes, she brought over a few selections of $0.65 stamps for us to choose from for the invitations. In the end we decided on a butterfly print. (It was much better than the cartoon dogs option.)


By the time we were done with the post office, Zac and I had just enough time to snuggle and watch a movie before he had to go to work. When Zac left, I got to work on our wedding invitations. It took me an hour and a half to stamp each rsvp card, stuff the invitations, and stamp and seal each envelope. I felt quite accomplished when it was all over.


It's exciting to see all of those invitations ready to be mailed out. It means that our wedding day is getting closer and what could be more exciting than that?! Pretty soon the RSVP cards will be coming in! I love getting mail, and hearing back from our guests will be the best mail, ever!

To celebrate my accomplishment, I snuggled on the couch with my little Valentine, Jim, had a fire roaring in the fireplace, enjoyed a glass of champagne, and caught up on The Bachelor.


It was a fantastic Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

eliz said...

Awww that card is adorable. What a sweet fiance you have. I am picking my invites tomorrow..I think when you send out your invites it is when you truly feel like...whoa wedding time is here! haha