Saturday, April 27, 2013

Changes

Hello blogger buddies! It's been far too long since I've written a blog post and I've really come to miss my regular posts. Recently I've looked at this blog and I have been quite grateful to have a record of all the wonderful things and events leading up to our wedding day. I'm disappointed that I haven't been able to keep up and that I haven't filled all of you in on how all of the details we worked so hard on came together on our big day.


As our one year anniversary quickly approaches (May 4th is just one week away!) Zac and I have reflected on our first year of marriage. It's amazing the things that can happen in just one year and we are unbelievably grateful for all of the wonderful things that we've experienced.


Just a few days after we said 'I do', Zac and I boarded a plane and spent 10 fantastic days in Maui. Our honeymoon was the best vacation we could have asked for. We were excited to be married and to have the opportunity to spend so much uninterrupted time together. The stress of the wedding was all over and we could finally relax.


Though we did venture out to restaurants and experienced some mini adventures like ziplining, we spent the majority of our days just laying out on the beach with a stack of books and bottles of booze. We had no worries, no responsibilities, and no itinerary. It was perfect.


We kept in touch with family and friends and even sent out a Happy Mother's Day message to all of the wonderful mamas in our lives.


After we returned home, our summer was filled with many more wedding celebrations....




On September 1st by sweet husband turned 31.... and just over a week later we celebrated the biggest life changing news ever....



We're having a baby!!!!


Yesterday was my last day of work and I am officially on maternity leave. With a due date of May 20th, it won't be long now until we are a family of three.

As you can probably guess, things have been a little crazy in our house over the last nine months! It's all super exciting and I think it's time to finally share all of our news in detail over the next few weeks. I'm hoping to be able to keep up with my blog again. It served as a great record of our wedding planning and I would love to have a similar record of our little bean!

More news to come :)

No comments: