Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Weekly Updates

Around Christmas time 2011 after talking baby with Zac, I stumbled upon Little Baby Garvin (a blog I'm sure most, if not all of you have seen and are familar with) and was inspired by Jessica's weekly updates and knew immediately that I should put that in my back pocket for when I got pregnant. Less than a year later I had the chance to start documenting my own weekly updates.


I used one of our chalkboards that Zac made for our wedding to create the menu for our Mommy & Daddy to be Breakfast announcement. Zac loves the menu so much that he still refuses to erase the message. We used the second chalkboard from the wedding for all of the chalkboard updates.We started to share the photos with family and friends via instagram ( @cristina_chapman) and Facebook starting week 13.

Here is a peek at all of our updates from week 11 through week 37:


   
     
        
         

Yesterday officially marked the end of week 37. Here are my 37 week stats:

How far along? 37 Weeks
Total weight gain: 30lbs (5lbs more than I was hoping to but....oh well)
Maternity clothes? Only a pair of maternity jeans. Other than that I've just been stretching out my regular shirts and wearing dresses as tops.
Stretch marks? none yet! *Fingers crossed that I'll miss out on this all together!*
Sleep: As I am a stomach sleeper, sleeping has been less comfortable since the bump started growing. These days sleep is difficult only because of the crazy dreams I've been having and the fact that I now have to pee at least twice throughout the night.
Best moment this week: Going on leave and having time to start really focusing on getting everything ready for our little one's arrival.
Miss Anything? A lot of things: not getting winded going up and down the stairs, a little champagne every once in a while, having a wider selection where my wardrobe is concerned! Also, sleeping in the same bed as my husband. My poor Zac has started to sleep in the guest bedroom. My tossing and turning, frequent bathroom visits and unfortunate new habit of snoring make it almost impossible for him to get a good night's sleep otherwise.
Movement: All the time! Hiccups are plentiful and the movements are big and frequent....and sometimes a little uncomfortable.
Food cravings: Watermelon!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing really.
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: As you can see from the chalkboard on our last visit to the doctor I was 70% effaced and 2cm dilated. I've had mild cramps that felt like menstrual cramps but they didn't last long. Doctor says that baby's head is down. We think he's getting ready.
Symptoms: Swollen hands and feet, charlie horse style cramps occassionally when I sleep, and in the last few days I've had bleeding gums and have seen a little blood in the tissue when I blow my nose.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? Off. My poor hands have been crazy swollen and my rings have been gone since week 29. My right hand has been numb and doc says that I have pregnancy induced carpel tunnel. My fingers have been numb for weeks.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! I do get a little moody every once in a while when he moves around and I get uncomfortable, but happy for the most part.
Looking forward to: Meeting our little man! ....and getting feeling back in my fingers!


I am SO happy that we've been documenting this pregnancy this way. I only wish that we had figured out a way to incorporate Zac in these photos.

Has anyone else been inspired by the Little Baby Garvin blog? I've seen a ton of others on Pinterest. I'd love to see your photos if you're documenting your own pregnancy.

Planning on documenting your pregnancy the same way? Here are some blogs that I have found that you might get some inspiration from:


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow you've got a lot of progress going on! I'm currently 37 weeks and I'm 1 cm, 50% effaced and she's in a -1 station!