Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pin-Head

Is anyone else out there addicted to Pinterest?

Right after graduation I was introduced to Pinterest by one of my favorite blogs Young House Love. I've loved their blogs for years. I started following (Zac refers to it as stalking) their posts in 2007 about a year after Zac and I first moved in together. They have tons of helpful hints regarding house projects and we have similar design tastes (Sherry shares my love for crisp white paint and ceramic animals). But enough blog plugging gushing.

Since being turned on to Pinterest there is has been no going back. You can find me on Pinterest here. Feel free to follow me!


  I have WAY too much fun browsing through many, many pages of pictures and pinning inspiring ideas to different boards for future projects. Pinterest has definitely been a help in planning the wedding, at least when it comes to ideas for centerpieces and other decorations. Now I can stop flooding my computer space with saved pictures and put all of the photos I like in one space on the internet. Plus, with Zac's birthday coming up (he's turning the big 3-0) I'm able to save all of my 'surprise' ideas (more on that later) in one space where Zac won't be looking.

My Pinterest account has also been the home for the ideas that have inspired our work on Project Wonderland. (Update: Zac has finished putting the capstones on the top of the wall. We are still planning on adding stone but for now it looks fantastic! I'll post pictures of the progress later.)

There are some really creative people who have posted on Pinterest. It feels like a little DIY community and I love it!!! If you don't have an account you should definitely head over to the website (http://www.pinterest.com/) and get in on the pinning fun!

No comments: