Sunday, November 27, 2011

I'm Back!

After an unexpected (and unwanted) 3 week blogging hiatus, I'm back! Three weeks ago, my computer froze, shut off, and refused to turn back on. Thankfully my older brother, Michael, is a computer genius and was able to fix it.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Zac and I had a great day eating dinner with his family at his grandparents' house. His sister, Sarah was able to fly in from Vegas with her husband Donnie, and our adorable nephew Grayson. It was Grayson's first Thanksgiving and we were happy that we were able to share it with him. Look at this adorable little onesie that his mama made for him.


It was our Jim's first Thanksgiving, too, though he had a less enjoyable experience. While taking her evening medication, Zac's grandmother dropped one of her pills. Jim swooped in and licked it down before anyone had the chance to stop him. Since he is such a little guy we were afraid of what might happen to him. Thankfully we were able to call the 24 hour pet emergency hotline. They told us that we would have to make Jim throw up by giving him hyrogen peroxide and that he would be fine. Much easier said than done. Jim might be small but he is quite a fiesty little thing. In the end it took three of us to hold him down, keep his mouth open and give him the hydrogen peroxide. I felt so bad for the little guy. He had no idea why we were doing this to him. He fought and he fought hard. I also felt horrible for Zac's dad who got a few puncture wounds from Jim's sharp teeth. Eventually he got enough down and he threw up everything. He's doing much better.

Last night, Zac and I went to his cousin Kevin's wedding. We had a lot of fun with his family and I can't believe that I didn't take any pictures. It was a beautiful outdoor ceremony that took place at sunset. The bride, Tessa, was absolutely stunning. They had this fantastic video at the beginning of the reception. Their videographer interviewed them both sometime before the wedding and put together something for the guests to watch while the bridal party took photos.

In the last three weeks the girls and I had another Bridey night, Zac and I hired a videographer(!!!), I set up an appointment to look over chair cover and sash colors, I started work on the ribbon wands, I made a feather and rhinestone hairpiece, and Scott and Amy found out the sex of their baby.

Needless to say there will be many more posts coming. I'm glad to be back!

No comments: