Tuesday, July 26, 2011

From Bride to Bridesmaid

This week has gone by so fast and I realize that I have become a bit of a blogging slacker. I have been a busy girl this week and unfortunately I haven't been able to keep the blog updated with all the happenings lately. In addition to entering my third week of training for my new position at work, Zac has been working hard to cross items off of our Project Wonderland list, Jim is learning some new tricks (our little man can now high five/paw), and we have made a little change to the inside of our house as well. I'm looking forward to posting an update on our backyard project as well as our little indoor redo. Zac and I are pretty happy with the way that everything is turning out and we're eager to share.

In the meantime I have other exciting news to share...

You might remember my friends and coworkers Matt and Samantha from this post.



Matt and Samantha got engaged back in April and Samantha and I have been bouncing wedding planning ideas off of each other ever since. It's so great having another budget bride to talk to and figure things out with.

It doesn't hurt that Sam is a real sweetheart. (No I'm not talking about Jersey Shore's 'Sammi Sweetheart'. Sam is truly sweet minus all the reality tv, sassy, drama, fighting nonesense.) I really like hanging out with Sam and we have a great time together.


Recently, I was completely delighted when Sam asked me to be in her wedding!!! The invitation was such an honor and I happily said yes. Hearing that Samantha only intended to have two bridesmaids (her maid of honor Michelle and me) made the invitation even more special. I'm excited to be one of the two ladies standing by Samantha's side next summer as she says 'I do' and gets married to Matt.  


On Sunday, I met up with the bride to be and her MOH Michelle at David's Bridal to pick out our bridesmaid dresses. Sam had done her research, looked through the David's Bridal website and already had an idea of what dress would be the perfect one for us to wear. We picked out a few other dresses to try on just for the sake of comparison, but in the end Samantha's internet choice turned out to the be perfect dress in person. Here we are with the final choice:


Aren't the dresses cute and fun?! Samantha's wedding dress also has pick ups in the skirt so our bridesmaids dresses will coordinate well with her gown. The colors above are not what Michelle and I will be wearing come next summer. Samantha's wedding will be a beautiful mix of blue, black, and white with a mix of polka dots. Our dresses will be in a David's Bridal 's shade of blue called 'Malibu'.

After we picked out the perfect bridesmaid dresses to wear at Sam's wedding, Samantha presented Michelle and I with a little gift from Victoria's Secret as a 'thank you' for being a bridesmaid. (See what I mean about being a sweetheart.) Just check out the cute "Sexy Little Bride" tank that Samantha picked up for me! So adorable! I can't wait to wear it as my wedding day gets closer (just another nine months to go). Thank you so much Sam!


I look forward to getting together with Samantha and Michelle a bunch over this next year as we celebrate and help plan to make a perfect wedding day for Samantha and Matt. I'm excited to be a part of their big day. Congratulations again you two!

No comments: