Sunday, December 4, 2011

Ribbon Wands

This week is a week of projects. The first on my list is getting the ribbon wands done. I started them last week and I really like the way they're turning out. I went to Wal Mart and Michael's Craft Store to get an assortment of yellow, white, and grey ribbon. They varied in width, texture, and shade.


We found long wooden dowels at Michael's Craft Store and Zac helped me cut them into 8" sticks. I cut the ribbon into strips that were slightly longer than the wooden dowels. Then came the gluing. To make sure that each wand was different I randomly chose ribbons of different colors and attached them to the dowels. Each wand had between 4 and 6 ribbons. I "sealed" the ribbons on the wand by gluing a small strip of white ribbon around the glued ribbons.


I've only completed about 10 of these little guys, so I have my work cut out for me. It's a simple project though, and now that all the ribbon and dowels have been cut the process should go much quicker.

In other project news, I've started working on our wedding invitations. This summer we found and ordered materials for pocketfold invitations. Since then I have been working on the invitation wording and I've finally come up with something that is fun and perfect for our invitations. This week I will be working on assembling the invitations and designing the inserts and RSVP cards. Once they are all put together and mailed out I'll post the details. (Gotta let our guests have a little surprise when the invitation arrives.)  

I also plan to finish working on the flip flops for our guests during the reception. I started that project during the summer and I only have a few more flip flops to tie together and label. I also need to create a framed sign to go along with the flip flops to let our guests know they are welcome to take a pair.

Once my projects are complete I'll be sure to post all about them.

Meanwhile, today is December 4th.....which means we have only 5 more months until the big day! Time flies!

2 comments:

Tiff For Tat said...

I had thought awhile back about making ribbon wands too..they are so fun and cute!! Love how they came out.

Saying I do said...

these are so cute! what a fun project!